Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Resolution — Week 1 is good

Not that I am a big fan of New Year Resolutions, but I did make one.  I promised myself I would do a blog post once a week, just to document my life.  So to speak.

This past week, I went ice skating.  Conditions on the lake were good overall, and our neighbour had a rink cleared.  Off we went, along with the buddies my grandson selected for Doug and I.  Here they are, having an ice skating adventure!
A good time was had over all, but I did manage a belly flop onto the ice.  Bruised my knees and
elbows, but not too badly.  What really hurt is the ribs.  I did not go to the doctor or emergency room
...  they don’t do much for bruises or even cracked ribs.  They do hurt, a week later.  A heated rice bag has become my new bedtime routine.  The doctor says “Use it or lose it — stay active.”  I am pretty certain she did not mean to include the belly flop!

I have been busy knitting.  My ribbed socks for the 2019 Sock Challenge are progressing well.  i have one sock done and am close to the heel flap on the second.  The wool is Funny Feet from James C. Brett, and is new to the shop.  I am really enjoying this wool, and I think it will do very well for us. 


I also knit up a sample for the shop, using Diamond Luxury Baby Alpaca Sport.  The pattern is Winter Butterfly Cowl by Gretchen Ronnevik.  I followed the pattern, except I ended at the halfway point of the fourth pattern repeat.  I was worried about running out of yarn, and I wanted to have a couple of rows of stockinette before the ribbing.  All in all, I am pleased with this project as well. 



Remember those little mittens from last week?  The yarn seemed to be never-ending in a good way.  I finished a hat 


AND another pair of mittens for an adult.  



I have not gotten as far as finishing the swatches for the two projects I mentioned last week.  why?  I get to select the theme for February for the Sock Challenge.  So many options, so little time.  I only get to pick one theme after all.  

Today has been my day off, and I have a beef stew simmering away in the slow cooker.  It smells divine, if you are a carnivore.  I think I will make some muffins to go with it.  Sounds like a perfect meal for a snowy, freezing rain kind of evening, wouldn’t you say?

For the record, this post has been worked using an I-Pad.  Not a pleasant experience, in the slightest.  

No comments: