Thursday, September 05, 2019

That didn’t take long!

No, that did not take long for me to fall off the wagon and skip blogging.  Turns out it is far easier to stop than it is to keep going.  In any event, it did not take nearly as long for me to climb back on the wagon as it has previously.  Thanks, Liz, for reminding me that I should get busy again!

I have been knitting.  Not so many pictures in the months gone by, but I have been busy.  With the urging to come back to the blog, comes the urging to take pictures.  To that end, LOOK AT THESE SOCKS!!!!!



These are the Turnalar Socks by Leslie Comstock.  I found this pattern in the book Sockupied from Interweave, and knew I just HAD to knit them.   The heel gusset was quite unusual in that the reductions all happened on the bottom of the sock, in the striped section.  I had never done that before, and I marvel at how nicely the sole pattern picked up at the end of the gusset.  I used Cascade Heritage in black and. Manos del Uruguay Alegria Watercolour in pink, and a 2.5mm circular.  As always, I did manage to knit a bit tighter than I should have, but sock stretchers will keep them wearable.

I also have managed to knit up 12 pair of Knitted Knockers using Cascade Ultra Pima in various colours.  The store is a drop-off site, and it seemed fitting that I should contribute to the cause.  I used up several left-over bits and bobs, which means my stash got a wee bit smaller.  Always a nice thing!



In a fit of organizational frenzy, I made a list of projects that are screaming to be started and/or finished.  There are currently eight projects.  Yes, eight.  This does not include the additional projects already kitted up,  nor does it include the projects that seem to happen during store inventory.  I find this a wee bit ... disturbing, exciting, worrisome.  Yes, all three.  Exciting to know that my knitting time is planned; worrisome that there are so many projects actinglike they need to be done NOW,

And why do I find these projects disturbing and worrisome?  Because I have taken up sailing.  I have a Sunfish-type sailboat.  it is 14-feet long, and perfect for a single-hand sailor.  I thoroughly enjoy the feeling of sailing, the sun, the winds, the waves.  I find myself geinning from esr to esr while out there.



No comments: