Monday, September 13, 2021

Monogamish

Turns out that keeping a blog is an awful lot like having a journal. For it to be of any use in tracking your projects, you must make entries on a regular basis.  Like a habit.  Do it regularly and it becomes second nature.  When one is in the midst of a pandemic and not going anywhere, or seeing anyone, it is difficult to find things about which to talk.  Especially if you are heartily sick of the pandemic, vaccinations, and politics. 

Anyway, on to other more salient topics ...

I have been monogamish ... sort of.  (Please understand monogamish to be defined as 'being faithful to two projects, but no more.)  At the store, I was faithfully knitting on a test knit for a local designer.  The design is not mine to show as the pattern has not yet been released.  So I have not been at liberty to talk about it ... and besides, how boring would it be to see repeatedly that "I knit another 20 rows on the test knit."   The release date is rapidly approaching, and I can't wait to tell you all about it.  

The other project was this commissioned afghan.  Mary Maxim design and Mary Maxim yarn.  The lady has been a steady and reliable customer of the store for many years, and the commission came with a good story.  I promised her I would finish it by the end of August.  Little did I know that August would bring with it an amazing heat wave!  But I did persevere and finish it on time.  I used 5.0m needles, as specified in the pattern, and knit to the length specified.  I think the client may have wanted to make it a bit wider than the pattern planned, but I didn't figure THAT out until I had frogged her work at the beginning and gotten three or four skeins of yarn into it.  Once finished, I contacted the client, only to discover that she was in the midst of moving into assisted living and could she wait until the end of September to retrieve it.  Oh well.  It is finished and a lovely finish at that.


 

Previously I had posted a pic of my ankle injury.  The doctor prescribed the wearing of an air cast for two months.  I am usually a compliant patient, and this was no exception.  Wearing the cast meant that I couldn't swim, sail, ride my bicycle, or walk.  (Not that I really wanted to do much walking -- it hurt!)  The cast finally came off mid-August, to my great relief.  I have since then been to physio and acquired a nice set of exercises designed to strengthen the feet, ankles and legs in an effort to avoid having this injury reoccur.  And I have been doing the exercises diligently.  To the effect that I went TWO WHOLE DAYS without pain!  Yay!  

 Sunday (yesterday) I had a delightful sail, did my exercises, hung laundry, chased the vacuum and dust mop around, and had a little walk.  The ankles and legs are telling me all about the excess of exercise they endured, but I have told them to get over themselves.  Summer is for doing things, and I WILL do things. 

That's about all the knitting news I can disperse today.  I hope to have more ... soon!  As well as creating a blogging habit.

No comments: