Sunday, July 30, 2023

Sigh.

 This, my friends, is why you use a lifeline AND make copious notes on every project.  Especially if it is a project which will be pushed aside for any length of time. 

I had started the Thunder Snow MKAL last summer.  The last clue was released as I was on my way to Calgary for my daughter’s wedding.  (Hard to believe it is a year already!). I was foolish and neither used a lifeline between sections or made any notes.  When I came back to it … I tinked stitch by stitch four or five rows of 400-plus stitches.  If I had a good stitch count, the stitch patterns did not match the instructions.  Reluctantly, I went to this option n the hopes I could find a row to pick back up.



Most of an episode of Critical Role later, I had this:


I will freely admit that I am the author of my own misfortune.  The big question remaining, however, is have I learned from my mistakes?  I will be casting on again tonight while the trauma is still fresh.

 The MKAL clues included a folk tale about snow/winter from many different cultures.  I loved reading those tales as much as I have enjoyed knitting the shawl.  The best part of all is that I get to re-read all those lovely stories!

In other news, I have finished yet another pair of socks!  


These are the bog standard top-down socks with nothing special added.  Well, except for the love knitted into them.  The wool is from Urth Yarns and is their merino sock yarn.  Apparently, this style of their sock wool has been discontinued. I  have used this wool for projects other than socks and quite enjoyed it.  This time, using an Addi sock rocket I found it to be a trifle splitty.  Still will be a great sock tho.

This is pair number 8 for the year.  Three of the next five are smallish and will be my November and December knitting.  The two adult pair remaining?  I will be knitting them soon — I do not want to become complacent and end up knitting in the wee small hours of Christmas Eve.

Happy knitting and crocheting!



No comments: