Monday, March 04, 2024

A few things.

 The blanket for my grandson in Arizona is on its way.  A friend is taking it to Pennsylvania, and will mail it from there.  FedEx was going to be $146 plus taxes.  Yowza!  I am very excited to see the package opening!

In other news, I was working on my February socks — the Reveurse from Operation Sock Drawer.  If you define “working” as looking at the project bag and picking something else up, that is.  I had gotten almost to the heel of the first sock … the realization that I was not enjoying the project made me stop and think.  Then I frogged the entire sock.  I immediately cast on for a vanilla sock, and reluctantly stopped knitting at 10:30pm and 52 stitches.  Far more fun!

This was the second project from the book.  Both patterns had errata.  I am now a bit concerned about the remaining patterns being correct as published.  To be fair, the corrections were easy to find via Ravelry.  Even so, I do not have warm fuzzy feelings about the remaining patterns being accurate.

In store knitting, I had finished a little cotton sweater (Catriona Pullover from Ella Rae).  I had not gotten gauge and figured  a wee munchkin would grow into it.  A dispassionate review of the sweater made me realize that it would only fit Humpty Dumpty.  


Much to the dismay of the Wednesday afternoon group, frogging occurred.  A gauge swatch occurred.  I had to drop to a 3.0mm needle (from 3.75m) to get gauge.  I have now restarted.

The store is hosting a KAL of the Bumble Sweater from Tin Can Knits.  I even did a gauge swatch before starting that!

My Thunder Snow continues.  I have started Clue 5 and am still loving it.  I usually do two or four rows an evening, in the solitude of my bedroom.  Then back to simple stocking stitch, or some other equally non-challenging pattern. 

I am currently reading The Algebraist by Iain Banks.  Heavy science fiction but still an interesting read.  

Since it is a beautiful sunny day, I am now heading out for a walk.  See you soon!



No comments: