Sunday, November 12, 2006

Another week

Another week has passed by. I don't have any finished projects to show off. The sock you see here I finished last week. I just saved it for a rainy day.

Speaking of rainy days ... it has rained a lot over the past week. I don't know about any one else, but I am SO tired of rainy days. Can't we see a little sunshine, huh?

The sock was made with Noro Kureyon, color #128. I just love the way the colors blend into one another. They are just wonderful.

The sock didn't feel really soft, though. I was puzzled because I read about so many folks who really love their Noro socks. I brought the sock home and gave it a dip in warm water and mixed a very tiny, wee bit of hair conditioner in. Talk about a difference! WOW! Now it is nice to pet. I suspect a pair of them on one's feet would continue to soften and felt a wee bit. Talk about luxury!! And the better news--since I softened the sock, I've sold lots of Noro.

In other news ... my younger sister was expecting her second baby on November 24, more or less. Imagine her surprise when she went into labour on the 8th. The baby boy was delivered via c-section, and spent several days being known as Baby Boy. At last, a name was decided upon--Samuel. Mom and Sammy are now home and doing well. Thank goodness!

No comments: