Monday, January 21, 2008

The slope is just as steep as it ever was!

Remember how I claim to be a "one-project-at-a-time" kind of knitter? And how much I whine and complain about having four projects on the needles and the fifth one on its way? How I profess that it makes me uncomfortable and all that?

Well, I can hold my head up high. I finished the Sublime cabled shell. In all its finished glory, here it is!
I used 8 balls of Sublime #59 and the pattern from Pure Silk by Debbie Bliss. All in all, this was a purely delightful project. The directions were accurately written and the yarn was a joy. I do wish that there had been a chart provided in addition to the written directions, but hey--I won't complain. All my customers have been waiting with bated breath for the finished shell, and it is here!

Of course, having finished a store project, I immediately cast on another. (Leaving me with four -- count 'em -- FOUR projects on needles!)

This is the beginning of the Arabesque from Fiddlesticks Knitting, in Malabrigo Baby Lace Merino. Today was my day off and the shop was closed. Where was I? Back at the store, fondling -- er petting -- I mean knitting on the lace. Yeah, that's it. I was knitting!

The Saffron Cables was given much love and attention this weekend as well. I'm now 13 rows into the final pattern repeat, and in the home stretch. This is a good thing since it was so blasted cold this weekend -- I know I was hoping for a bit more winter so that I could do some more cross-country skiing, but really now. -20 was a bit extreme! It was really nice to sit under an afghan and knit merrily away.

Project number 5 soon to be on the needles -- we are doing the Great American Aran Afghan as a group project at the store. I'll be casting on soon for that one as well. Sheesh! Whatever happened to that one-project-at-a-time knitter?

And Irene? There was only a gap of 9 days between updates this time! I have been paying attention!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK so Thursday I promise not to harass you too much! BTW did Doug get the petition? May we expect goodies?
Are we starting the afghan on Thursday?
Irene