Sunday, March 14, 2021

Taking stock

 Now that I have blogged once in February and the calendar page has flipped to March, it must be time for a new post.  Just for fun, let’s review that list I posted way back in November ...

Dropping to the bottom of the list, I see that I was knitting a shawl for my daughter.  I finished it, and blogged about it in November

I also showed a picture of the Advent Cowl, being worked in Gathering Yarn Brook Farm.  It is finished! 

I used colours six colours, as requested in the pattern.  It was getting to be plenty tall, so I stopped about 30 rows before the chart ended, repeated the border section, and called it done.  This yarn comes in tiny balls, maybe 20 grams at a reasonable price of $6 each.  I am pleased with the overall project.

I have started knitting the Juniper Moon Farm Pollock into a lovely design from Elsebeth Lavold, “Jasmin,” from The Summer Breeze Collection.  I am loving this yarn, and how it is working up.  There was an error in the pattern that required some tracking down.  Once the correction was obtained, however, this has seen lots of love and time.  I will get the entire sweater from three balls of yarn, something I am quite enjoying.  

I have started the raglan shaping and lace section, so maybe 3/4 done with the front.  The sleeves are plain, so should be quick to knit. 

I also finished the afghan my mother left behind.  

The other nine projects?  Still waiting. 

But wait — there are more finished objects!   

Bernie Mittens, from the pattern named Vermont’s finest.  My daughter-in-law was over the moon to receive these.  

I am making a pair for my son since I have plenty of left over yarn.  I used four colours of Estelle Worsted, an acrylic and wool blend.  I mostly followed the pattern, “Vermont’s Finest,” found on Ravelry.  The only change I made was to work 15 rows of ribbing instead of the suggested 12.  The ones I make for my son will have added length.

What?  Are you saying there are more finished projects?  You would be correct.  I used two balls of Comfort Wolle Gala Tweed to knit “Flax” from Tin Can Knits.  I played with the gradient a bit for the arms, but otherwise just cast on and knit.  This was a lot of fun to knit.  That garter stitch element on the sleeves keeps it from being a total bore. 

Hmm.  The colour is not great, nor is the garter stitch visible.  I will try again. 

Turns out the children were disappointed that there were not Christmas socks ... so I have also been knitting frantically in an effort to rectify my oversight.  These are Berroco Comfort, a 100% acrylic, that wears like iron.  

Two of family members will be happy. 

And finally, another work in progress.  At the store we have started a Knit-A-Long of the Forest Mosaic Shawl.  

Mine is on the right.  I am using Sandnes Garn Babyull Lanett for the main colour and Urth Yarns Merino Sock for the contrast. I am really further along than the photo shows ... but I am saving THAT pic for my next post.

I am still awaiting the call for my Covid-19 vaccine.  I urge everyone to have one so that the world may enter the After Times.  I can’t wait!!!



















No comments: