Monday, October 24, 2005

A rainy Monday.

The weekend was cold, rainy and blustery. I hibernated inside, in front of the warm fireplace, with a hot cup of tea and my knitting. I am so pleased that I have finished the front of the Aran Lace and am now working my way diligently up the right sleeve. Yes, indeed, this sweater has a specific left and right sleeve. That'll be interesting when I sew this puppy together.

Saturday evening we watched the movie Top Gun. (My daughter is currently reviewing all Tom Cruise movies.) This was followed by Ghost, with Patrick Swaze and Demi Moore. Ooh-la-la. I had forgotten what a great movie it was.

To top off a rainy, wet weekend my husband and I accompanied some good friends to Amis du Jazz in Sonya. We listened to a nice trio, consisting of a string bass, an electric guitar and a saxophone. The sax. player was an hour late as he was having difficulties finding the venue. Can't blame him -- Sonya is very small.

So today I wake up with a raging sinus head-ache, and listening to the wind and rain. Bleah. What to do? After doing some housewifely cleaning, I sat down with the spindle and wool I acquired at the Waterloo Knitter's Fair.


So it isn't perfectly-spun yarn. But it is my first effort, and I'm proud. I can see spinning up enough yarn to make a scarf. I can see myself having a lot of fun with this. Possibly way too much fun with this. Is it possible that one can be way too addicted to having fun with fiber? Is a 7-foot by 20-foot knitting/sewing/weaving room going to be too small for me?

We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: