Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Hurray!

Can you believe that today is Wednesday? Neither can I. Just where the heck did the week go anyway?

Oh yeah. I remember. Monday was Hallowe'en. Don't know about your neck of the woods, but we had 2 trick-or-treaters. Yes, you read that correctly. 2. Our neighbors were having far more fun than we were, so we grabbed our candy bowl and headed over there. Imagine the scene -- a crazy woman chasing the little kids down the street calling "wait, wait! I want to give you some candy!" Ah well. Now I've proven that I'm crazy enough to live in our little corner of the world.

What else have I been doing? Well ... What you see here is sleeve number 2 of my Aran Lace sweater. And I'm almost done with it! Hurray!

I also discovered a LYS! As local as I get anyway. It's a 30-minute drive to get there, but definitely worth the trip. It's called Yonder Yarns, and is in Greenbank, Ontario. Louise, the proprietor, is running it in a room of her home. Every time I go there, she has more yarns to fondle. And she has a Knit Night on Tuesdays. There are three or four "regulars," and it was quite enjoyable. I went last night and made one mitten and started its mate. Out of *gasp* Red Heart yarn. Every year I buy a large ball to make mittens for the church, and every year I say "never again." NOW I remember why I don't particularly care for Red Heart.

Hopefully, next year I'll remember ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, where the heck is Greenbank?

Carol said...

It's on Highway 12, past Port Perry. You can't miss it -- unless you sneeze!