Monday, March 03, 2008

New boots, how do I love thee?

I love thee from the tips of your wonderfully roomy toes to the top of your padded ankles ...

I love thee for the wonderfully secure three-pin bindings upon your soles ...
I love thee for the cool and flashy laces in your eyelets ...
I love thee for your wonderfully sturdy arch supports ...
I love thee for the way you keep me standing upon my skiis and gliding (somewhat) gracefully down the hills ...
I love thee for the way you keep me from getting bruises (unlike your predecessors!) ...
(That was one nasty tumble, by the way. Doug feared that I would be giving up skiing again, despite the fact that I snarled through clenched teeth that I really WAS having fun.)

I love thee for the hours that I spend knitting on my way to and from the Leslie Frost Centre ...
This is Bamboo On Your Toes from S.R. Kertzer--a delightful experience in knitting once you get past the casting on. The yarn tends to unply as I cast on, something to do with the fact that I cast on left left-handed and pull from the centre of the ball, no doubt.

PS--Note to Elizabeth Barret Browning: Thanks for letting me borrow your lines!

No comments: